Sunday, October 21, 2007

Cotton pickin weavin fun


P1010381
Originally uploaded by teaheadme

Have been working on Weavette squares for the Square Deal Weave-Along. I'm really glad this group started. I need a swatch size loom to learn on. It is a lot quicker to whip out one of these squares than to set up the 32" loom.
Also, I got just a tiny bit of cotton at an auction yesterday. Just one bag full....HA! It has been ginned, but needs a bit of cleaning. Have no idea how old it is or where it came from. The white in the blue and white square is from my auction cotton. The last (blue) layer was really hard to weave, next time I would use a few less plies of cotton. There are only 13 lbs. of cotton in the sack, so I will have to really conserve....hah!! The best cotton I have had so far is definitely some I released from some plants that really wanted to be picked. And that's all I will say about that. Now I want my own cotton, or at least to find a friendly farmer who would love for me to come lighten up just a little of his cotton when it's ready to pick. Gotta go try to be sleepy. Should go sit down in front of the tv. Lately, that is all it takes. Take Care.


1 comment:

Jan said...

Tag. You're IT! Check out my blog to see what to do. Jan