Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Hot day/ finished spinning some " grab-bag " wool

I spent most of the afternoon on the deck, finishing spinning up the rest of my grab bag wool from Carol at the Sheep Shed. It's fun to get grab bags, never know what you will get to play with! And it is all good Brown Sheep wool. On the table in the picture is the majority of my grab bag. Plus what I finished up with today - a large skein of that dark grey. Have been trying to spin it up long draw, keeping it nice and soft. There's lots to spin in my stash, and it is all like treasures to me. Fiberholic, yeah, yeah.
We have had mudding, taping, prep for painting all the ceilings, etc. going on. A good time to have something I can get outside and do. What a mess! But all in the name of finally getting a little face lift done on the place.







    These 2 pictures are of my little Milton Bradley loom again. Am still amazed I wound up with something useable, playing with my Homespun (Lion Brand) scrappy stuff. Next weave time will be back on my Kromski Rigid Heddle 32".





  • This little rug (or fug, as I keep typing it) has already been claimed for a cat bed.
    Now I am thinking about the Kauni sweater that is so talked about. I love love love the colors of that yarn. You can see it at http://www.ruths.dk/
    I am excited to be a Ravelry member now. Haven't done anything with it yet, but get caught wandering around there for hours. How fascinating. What a resource. What will it all mean?? Too late to imagine..good night. O!, if you are a cat person, you gotta see www.icanhascheezburger.com SO many cute cats. Check it out. Night, nancy - and the rest of you also. ahem.....grin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thought I'd just check for the heck of it. And you have a new post! It is 4:26am. Guess I am obsessing about that little matter we discussed earlier. Am pissed off mightily. To the point that there is no sleep to be had. Wish it were different. It ain't!
Don't know what I'd do without my sister. Honestly.