Thursday, August 16, 2007

O MY! Mystery Stole Problems - clue 6 row 133!

Well, here it is! Was just trying to finish that 'last couple of rows before going to bed'..and here is what happened. I saw that I appeared to have an extra stitch or something on the left side of this (was) beaded feather stitch. Now I have a mess, and today is the day I was going to enjoy the last few rows before Clue 7 tomorrow. Help! Melanie! Anyone!
Any advice from MS 3 folks is Greatly Appreciated. I thought I could just pick up my stitches, very methodically and simply and calmly (HA) and now I just cannot figure out what to do. The really sad thing is that I have not used any lifelines in the wing portion. Used them every 10 rows up till this clue. So, I am afraid to rip out about 8 rows because, looking at the knitting I'm just not sure I can get everything picked up properly, even trying to run an afterthought lifeline.
Will try to make more frequent entries. Am very good at waiting until after midnight to think about it, then deciding I'm too tired......









3 comments:

Bogie said...

I'd secure the st from running any more (it looks like you already did that). Now take a long circular needle--a couple of sizes smaller in diameter than your project needle--and choose a row just below where your problem st is. If you can choose a WS row where you've purled every st, that would be best. Very very carefully pick up every st in that row onto the circular needle. It won't be easy and you may need to follow the yarn from st to st to avoid jumping up or down a row. Be careful that you don't skip any sts! When you're ready to rip, rip down until you're within a couple rows of your needle. Look at the stitches very carefully--did you skip any? Are all of the stitches you picked up in the same row? Adjust before rip all the way down to the needle. When you're finished, knit off of the circular onto your project needle.

It won't be easy, but with patience you'll be able to rip past the mess so you can resume knitting. Good luck, I'm rooting for you!!

Deborah said...

Honestly, I would carefully tink back to the row where you know everything is alright. I've had to do that a couple of times. I just write a "T" next to each row on the chart as I go backwards and then cross it off as I go back up.

~jane said...

Personally, I would tink back to the point where the stitches are "ok". I have had spots that look similar to yours and that is how I got back on track. You will have several rows that aren't "right" and eventually you will reach the last correct row that you completed. Good luck!